02 June 2014

Pigeons and Doves...

Location: Tuncurry, N.S.W.




Bar-shouldered Doves


White-headed Pigeon



Special note ... expect the unexpected, just a click away, on Snap Happy Online

 It's where I'm posting all but the birds.  

Recent scenic ventures are being added this week with Sunrise in Armidale, Roma's largest Bottle Tree, and today, is Roma minding your hubby? These later pics have come from Central Queensland, and I'm keen to share lots more  - including walks through Carnarvon Gorge; a magical place to see. 

Tomorrow's post will share first glimpses on arrival, and the unusual accommodation.  

Interested?  I'd love to know you drop in every now and then, so please leave a comment when you visit won't you?

p.s.  There's always an updated photo-link to Snap Happy Online, on the right-hand side of this blog.

14 comments:

Willow said...

Those crested pigeons are lovely ~ I had never seen one before . thanks for sharing them !

eileeninmd said...

Those Crested Pigeons are cool looking! Great shots! Happy June!

Montanagirl said...

I have never seen a Crested Pigeon: How pretty!

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

Those pigeons are so unusual and beautiful that I am surprised that they have not been released/escaped/introduced to the USA by bird fanciers.

Karen said...

The crested ones are so cute and quirky looking!

Bob Bushell said...

I love the Crested Pigeons, lots of fun. I can't wait and see what tomorrow brings.

TexWisGirl said...

love your pigeons and doves!

Lisa Gordon said...

I have an absolute "thing" for pigeons and doves.
I have never seen a crested one though!
What a beautiful bird.

Happy day to you, Carole!

Irma said...

Beautiful pictures of these pigeons.
Very well done, Carole.
Greetings Irma

Ela said...

They are very original but beautiful !

Gail Dixon said...

The crested pigeon puts our common pigeon to shame. Lovely!

Jan Castle said...

Crested pigeon is new to me...very pretty bird!
TFS
Jan

Brian King said...

Love the crests on those pigeons! Very handsome!

Wally Jones said...

Wonderful photographs once again, Carole!

I'm jealous of the pigeon's hair-do. Okay, I'm jealous of anything with hair on its head. :)