13 June 2013

...seen on the lake yesterday

Location: Lake Macquarie, N.S.W.

Was heading to Wangi Wangi (pronounced wonjee) to meet up with a cruise on the lake, even though the forecast weather wasn't so brilliant with  'possible showers'.  Had decided I wouldn't need the heavier tele-converter lens on my camera; I wasn't going 'birding'.


On my way, and whilst driving past Wangi Point/Myuna Bay;  saw the swans were out there.  First time I've seen swans in that area, so had to pull up and take some shots.  That kind of hurt when I didn't have the big lens with me.  (Note to self .. you know what it read).






while waiting at the jetty to board

Intermediate Egret

a total surprise!!  There were two dolphins came alongside the boat for a moment, not long before the heavens opened up.

When the boat pulled into the jetty at Gwandalan for lunch, a 'Lesser Crested' Tern?

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the black swans were beautiful, but that shot of the sailboats in the marina... wow!!! loved the monochromatic-ness of the dolphin photo because of the heavy gray skies!

Allan Lloyd said...

Hardly a disappointing bunch of shots, Carole. Especially that egret.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I know this was about the birds and somebody not bringing their BIG lens with them, but I really like the dolphin photo.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh the black swans are fabulous - love all the photos.

Unknown said...

Beautiful black swans and the rest .
Costas

Irma said...

Beautiful are the black swans, Carole.
The dolphin beside the boat is really great.
Here there are no dolphins, unfortunately.
Regards, Irma

Roy Norris said...

The image with the Sailing boats is pretty special Carole.

Martina Rau said...

Great shots!
I´m inspired.

Happy weekend
Tina