06 June 2013

Rainforest walk #1

Remember the Moran's Falls post not too long back from Lamington N.P, Qld?  Well here's some photos of part of the lovely walk to get there; a little wonderland ...

 champagne fungi


like a big rustic flower

 this one is supposed to glow green at night - I think that was what we were told ..maybe if a torch is set on it I guess

 another of the weird and wonderful fungis

I'm almost positive it was when I took a photo of this fungi that I saw a deep orange flash/glow emit from that darker section, in my viewfinder.  Those that were standing around me at the time each remarked "did you see that?!"  Before including this image here I went to check on the EXIF info fully expecting to see flash/yes, but it hadn't been activated.  So how to explain the orange-flash emitted when my photo was being taken?  Unless someone else had taken a photo at the very same time with a flash....can't explain


amazing buttresses



the Wonga vine




further along on this walk, tomorrow's post.

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What a pretty walk. I love all the fungi, especially the champagne fungi. Beautiful photos.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

when i see sights like these i always wonder where the fairies are? nice. very green. ( :

Anonymous said...

The woods can be so magical. Love these shots!

Irma said...

What a beautiful forest, with very special trees.
Love these photos.
Regards, Irma

Unknown said...

The tree trunks are so interesting, all twisted and gnarled. The fungi will have to remain one of mysteries of the forest Carole.

Lisa Gordon said...

Carole, those vines are amazing!
Thank you for taking us along with you.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Love the fungi especially that first one. The forest looks very much like mine here except for the buttressed trees.

TexWisGirl said...

those roots and vine! the non-flash flash sounds intriguing! love that first fungi! pretty!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love taking walks in the forest. Thanks for taking us along on your's. I really like the rusty fungi and the twisted vine.

Deanna said...

what an amazing place to walk, so many interesting pieces of nature!!

Dianne said...

A wonderful walk to start your excursion Carole .... that champagne fungi is exquisite .... a jewel in the forest.

Jan Castle said...

Amazing vines, trees, and fungi.....great pictures Carole!!!

Karen said...

I love fungi, excellent shots. I expect that orange glow was fairy lights ;)

diane b said...

Amazing Fungi and great shots of it. It is a beautiful place too.

Liz said...

Rainforests are incredibly interesting; the HUGE trees, the vines, the amazing and varied fungi and all those gorgeous bird calls!!
Nice shots, Carole!