25 April 2013

Superb Fairy Wrens

...just as well my photos are hobby-only, record photos, and 'sharing' photos. To try and catch the ultimate, perfect shot, with bird in the "right light" wasn't going to happen yesterday morning.

There was good light but too much sunshine, and it was heading towards the camera lens. Took these snaps from a certain spot when I first saw the wrens on the native banksia shrubs, always thinking take what you can get first, and then try for something better if you can.

When I slowly stepped a little further along to try and get those sought-after snapshots from the 'right angle' - the wrens decided to move on too.

Well, not to be daunted, I just think I was lucky to get what I got at least, making for another little birding post.

No obvious males dressed in blue/black today; these would all be either females (jenny-wrens), or juvenile males.






Birds in Backyards fact sheet/Superb Fairy Wren - there too is the opportunity to  hear the beautiful sweet vocals of these delightful little birds.  Look for the audio down the right-hand side of fact sheet.



maybe not an award-winning angle but I wanted to share how sweet that tail 


Location: Bonnells Bay, N.S.W.

14 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

how sweet! A gorgeous bird and you have very nice backlit shots. :)

Daniela Augustka said...

Krásne vtáčiky. Mne sa nedaria fotografovať zblízka. Vždy predo mnou uletia.

Beautiful birds. Me fail photographed close up. Always before me drift.
Refards, Daniela

Judy said...

I love the backlighting, with the sunlight coming through the beaks and legs!!!
You are so right - that perky tail is so sweet!!!

Jan Castle said...

Who are you trying to kid Carole....these are wonderful shots of the wrens...I really liked them!

Lisa Gordon said...

Carole, these are wonderful, especially the last one. It looks like she sees you! :-)

TexWisGirl said...

i LOVE these tiny pert little things!

Dianne said...

Aren't they the sweetest little birds .... You were fortunate to get these wonderful close-up captures before they flitted away. They definitely make my heart sing.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Gee, I wonder what your definition of 'perfect' is?? Nothing wrong with these shots that I can see - life, colour, movement and detail. This is what they REALLY look like, which no staged, 'perfect' shot could capture.

Anonymous said...

das sind schöne Aufnahmen und sie sind Perfekt!

Lieben Gruss Elke

Irma said...

Great photos of the wren, the light is beautiful.
This really enjoy.
Regards, Irma

Isidro Ortiz said...

Buenas capturas de este chiquitin.Saludos

Brian King said...

Sometimes you just have to go with what you have. The lighting is still nice! It gives the photos a different feel. I love your fairy wrens! I wish we had something like them here!

Laure Ferlita said...

What a doll! Wish we have a wren called a fairy wren...I often think of ours as part faerie, part magic!

Liz said...

Lovely images, Carole!! I agree with Brian; the light is beeautiful!! I've captures Superb Fairy-wrens but never with light like this (often in the shade).
These shots are wonderful!