15 September 2012

Norah Head - Wildflower walk - Part One

Thirty kilometres driving to Norah Head, near to the ocean, for this beautiful white-sand bushwalk and more wonderful Spring wildflowers. Where to start?!  I'd been wondering quite how to break this up; there were so many special finds and lots of photographs taken, though many of the same species.

Should I do a 'pink flowers' post, and then a 'white flowers' post, or simply take you with me and share some of the best shots as they happened along the way.  Be prepared; I'm going to over indulge you with  Australian native flora.

Here is Part One then, of another three-part series. 

Are you with me?  It's a nice change to walk a sandy track...

some colour already

it's the Eriostemon (Wax flower) we saw at Munmorah N.P. remember?  I love this plant.  It looks so beautiful in the bushland; what a delight.  Nature is amazing.

 it seems to glow in the shadows

 and spills daintily over the track

 and I adore the big buds waiting to pop

 up ahead, tall Flannel flowers





treasures everywhere

Sharing with Floral Friday Fotos

15 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I've never seen a flannel flower in real life. Love your third photo of it against the blue sky.

Red Nomad OZ said...

I'm SO looking forward to following you on this walk! I was amazed at the variety of wildflowers on a recent trip to Western Australia - but there's so much beauty in other places too!!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Irma said...

Hello Carole what a great series this flower, I am amazed at so many different and beautiful flowers I've never seen.
Have a nice weekend.
Greetings Irma

Anonymous said...

Ohh, die sehen ganz wundervoll aus, kannte ich bisher noch noch nicht und so schön sonnendurchflutet.

LG Mathilda ♥

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful flowers, fantastic photographs. I am greeting

Elizabeth Edwards said...

great views. wonder what that little bug is in the last shot? such a colorful little dude. (:

TexWisGirl said...

you've got such a great variety. :)

Karin M. said...

What a wonderful landscape and what a gorgeous delicate floret...
a very nice photo series ..
Love greetings, Karin

Fitness Buff said...

Lovely photos.

Montanagirl said...

These are wonderful! Such a new variety for me to experience.

Judy said...

I love those wax flowers!! And the white sand!! I really wish there was somewhere I could walk in the sand...

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and rewarding walk again...!!!!
Costas

Grandma C said...

Flannel flower doesn't look like much from a distance, but it is so majestic yet delicate up close.

Stewart M said...

Hi there - great set of pictures - I'm off to the west of Victoria in a week - so I hope to get some spring flowers as well.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

A Colorful World said...

Your Australian wildflowers are stunning! It's nice to see this part of Australia, too...reminds me a lot of coastal areas in the US, but the flowers are definitely different! :-) Great photos. Thanks for coming by my blog!