25 March 2012

Life on the farm ...

Many pics to edit yet from my "escape to the country", and while it'd be nice to share them in some kind of logical sequence, they make good candidates for the various memes I like to participate in when I can, so they'll pop up in random batches like this one, instead.

After consistent rains throughout the year, creeks and waterways are looking so good on my friends farm.










 



There were a number of new calves and several more yet to happen.


  ...and an early morning check for numbers out in the paddock, revealed this.  Mum had wandered off away from the herd and here is why.


a new bull calf

Sharing with  Scenic Sunday

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

OH so precious! you've got weekend reflections, skywatch friday, and camera critters all represented here, too!

LOVE those gorgeous trees!

Jeanne said...

Well hello Carole! So glad that you had a great time on your visit to the country. Bet the cows are enjoying all of the nice grasses from the rain. lovely shots here!

momto8 said...

oh wow!! that must be amazing to see. and she looks like she is looking right at me.
congrats to your friend on a new bay calf!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Looks like my kind of farm, peaceful and quiet except for the occasional cow noise.

Horst in Edmonton said...

Beautiful big trees on the river. Looks like the farm is in full spring like calving mode. Love the farm, great place to grow up.

Brian King said...

I love those trees! They're wonderful. What kind are they? The calves are adorable!

eileeninmd said...

The calves are adorable and I love the trees. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday!