22 April 2011

It's Earth Day - April 22nd, 2011

My neighbour reminded me this morning, as we set off walking, that it's Earth Day today.  I'd already gone back indoors to bring my camera, with the promise of some colour in the sky today as the sun rose.
By the time we got to the water's edge by the bay though, pink was fading away...none the less, it's beautiful.
I've long enjoyed looking at the remarkable barks on trees.  A perfect post to add some I've had in my folders for several years.  I love their textural and colourful features.  These first four photos were taken in the Wollemi National Park, part of the Greater Blue Mountains, N.S.W.





to complete my Earth Day post; this image has been my screensaver for the past two years.  I find it hard to part with!
This lovely Chinese Proverb comes to mind; "one man plants a tree, another gets the shade..."



1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

I can see why you don't want to part with this screen saver photo...it's lovely!!!
Happy Earth Day Carole,
Jan Castle