11 January 2011

Playing with colours - Part 2

Glad I've managed to do something with the experimental page from my last post. Didn't want to throw it away.....


From this experiment I have at least gained new ideas quite how to go about working with watercolours in a different way, another time.

I will definately wet the paper first, and dilute the watercolours some as I add them to the paper next time....


thinking that this then would allow for more instant spreading of the colours making for a softer, more muted effect.

Now I have four new cards in my stash!






4 comments:

Bonnie B. said...

I love your arrangements in pieces! I wouldn't have thought of that, but it definitely works. I especially like the middle two for some reason, maybe the flower design is bolder? They are all beautiful, Carole. Your last job now is to put your signature on them - make it part of your design!

Lyn S said...

The cards turned out beautifully Carole! I think the 3rd one is my favourite, but they are all very unique pieces of art, well done!

Jan Castle said...

I wouldn't change a thing!!!! They are all wonderful Carole! I wish I had a few more hours in the day so I could give it a try...instead, I will put it on my to-do list for the future...LOL!
Jan

Margaret Ann said...

Super cards...love your backgrounds! :)