29 March 2010

Paper Cutting: Easter cards

Those batik-stamped eggs have finally made it to "finished card" status. Here is how they came together.

Makes me think of the old saying, "what came first, the chicken or the egg" as I wanted for a chicken to accompany the eggs. Found: two different chickens on my Dover discs.

Wanted to keep it with a cheery upbeat so used my brights cardstock for this project.

Background Cuttlebug 37-1169 Bird Call embossing folder. Some lovely ribbon sent to me by a friend in the U.K. looked just right to show off around those eggs. It's such a pretty rainbow organza ribbon with silver threads running through. I'd saved it for a while before I could part with it.


Happy Easter greetings to my very special friends and blog readers.


4 comments:

Lyn S said...

The cards turned out beautifully Carole! The one colour background is just right for showing of the colourful eggs.

ModernaDesignsArt said...

Hi Carole,
Your cards are so cute! Your work is accurate and colourful, I'm sure people were happy to receive your cards.
I admire your paper cutting - I never tried it.
Happy Easter!
Dorly Weitzen, Israel

Kay said...

Beautiful cards Carole. So colourful and cheerful. I love the colours of the eggs and you used them perfectly in this card.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Oh my what adorable chickens,,,,,,,,
I love them Carole,,,,,,,,,,,,