27 August 2009

Tulips & Lavenders

I was the lucky recipient of a surprise gift when a friend visited yesterday with this beautiful potted tulip. I should've taken a photo with the wrapping and paper ribbon beforehand; it almost seemed a shame to unwrap.

This morning I placed the pot on a ledge for some early sunshine, and before long the tight buds had opened up to create this fabulous floral extravaganza to share with you.





In the background is a lavender, and since they're flowering at this time of year during our late Winter, I decided to photo-hop and take pics. of two similar, but slightly different dwarf lavenders in our garden.






Who doesn't love nature and it's abundance, and how special it is to be able to just go take a photo anytime with the wonders of digital photography .. and the internet, and share here on my blog.

1 comment:

Adrienne W said...

Ooooh, I haven't seen tulips in so many years!
Aren't they just lovely and so is the lavender - now that, I do have .. lol