29 August 2009

Papercutting Frenzy

Recently Cindy Ferguson shared a template on her Scherenschnitte blog for her charming Mushroom Bunny design. This is my version, backed with Basic Grey scrapbooking paper.

The toads/mushroom concept took me back to my own drawing board where I've tried many times to try and create a design of my own. I've long had the mushrooms and clothesline idea in my head .. I'm sure it comes from way back in my childhood with my love of Enid Blyton books, The Enchanted Wood, Folk of the Faraway Tree and more.

So now I've scanned the cut I finished this afternoon, twice over. (Doorknobs compliments of my graphics programme until I get to 'fix' the cutting onto a permanent backing)

I was hoping for some feedback; should I finish off with a traditional white background?

...or, break away and fix it to this Basic Grey background?

I rather liked the look on this paper; it seems to offer an illusion of a warm sky, late in the afternoon perhaps.

Let me know which you prefer won't you ... and even some ideas would be welcome for a title to my very first design.

Thanks a bunch, I really enjoy your comments.

2 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I love it! It's such a cool concept. I love the little clothesline and the windows. Hmm...I work at Making Memories as one of their product designers, so I tend to lean towards their papers more. :) I like the background with color. Do you have any greenish-blue paper? Did you try it with that background?

Shawna said...

Wonderful! Love the second paper. "Evening at 'Sroom Village" perhaps?